Thankfully last week I didn't do anything so nothing to report here. It makes compiling this list much much easier. Without further ado my favourite experiences of 2012*.
I saw 37 productions, spanning 3 countries from back yard garages to broadway in New York. Up on last years 24.
1. The Wild Duck – The Malthouse
2. Orlando – The Rabble
3. An Enemy of the People - Schaubühne Berlin
4. The Pride – Red Stitch
5. Summertime in the Garden of Eden – Sisters Grimm
The Burlesque Hour – Finucane and Smith
Boy Girl Wall – Lawler Studio
Death of a Salesman – Soulpepper Theatre
The Book of Mormon – Trey Parker, Robert Lopez, and Matt Stone
1. Helicopter – Lawler Studio - MTC
2. Bild Lilli – The Tower, The Malthouse
3. Summer of the Seventeenth Doll – MTC
4. La Soiree – Le Cirque
I saw 51 films this year. Down on last year's 59.
1. Equal first - Amour and The Artist is Present
2. The Master
3. Moonrise Kingdom
4. We Were Here
5. Magic Mike
2. Jayne Mansfields Car
3. My Week with Marilyn
4. The Descendants
5. A Dangerous Method
1. Equal first Wild Flag and Electrelane
4. The Black Lips
5. PJ Harvey
Click for the best of 2011
What did you love this year?
*subject to change though don't think so. I have quite a few films queued but just needed to get this up. I'm also burned out from drinking myself into oblivion for 3 days.